Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ben, Joe, Sam with the Mason County Washington wrestling team


 Joey going the extra mile and stretching his lats. Wile Sam shows off his neck muscles  by crossing his arms.

 The upper back stretch.
The intensity in the room is building by the moment.
Then the waiting game starts, some times it  gets to be a little boring at times.
 Ben working on his shooting after the coach relieved him from leading stretches




 the coaches circle.
 Ben's one match caught the last little bit of it.

 Grandma loving every bit of the action.



 Sam still waiting for his turn to shine.
 Joey's first match


 This is the pure over powering take-down.
 Then he tried a new move and lost it

 A couple seconds later he was back on top working the ankle pick.
 the sit out.











Joey took this match by points.











 Sam Working the mat with this little kid.


 I don't know what it is about Sam but he has placed the fear of God in this little guy.






I was cheering to much and for got about my job. I luv all my little brothers!
 Getting to know all of the wrestlers I found it inspiring to see their level of commitment to please their parents. But I do have to give it to the parents/ grandparents not a single word of discuss, but instead teaching, showing, and guiding them to improve their skills. To see the level of pride on both sides from honoring our country, shaking the hands of the opponents, and the ability to still be friends after the match, playing with cars, telling jokes, spinning in circles. Even the little ladies showed a level of commitment to the sport the the boys did not,  The size of the smiles on their aces after beating a boy, or just being able the get the chance to tumble around  as the majority of the young ones did. I have to take my hat off to all of these little wrestlers. I know I walked away from this match with a new mind set. Go in get the job done and be able to accept your opponent for who he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment